Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Please take a moment to review our studio rules. We are a family studio – this means that we treat each other with humility, kindness and respect.
The following studio rules help to ensure that everyone has a pleasurable and productive time at Karate One:
– Quietly prepare for class – especially if another class is in progress
– Before entering or leaving the matted area, face into the floor of the studio at the edge of the mat and bow.
– Always answer your instructor with “yes sir”
– Never argue wIth any other members. A loss in temper will not be tolerated; treat everyone with respect
– Learn how to tie your belt. If you don’t know how an instructor will happily show you. Your belt is a sign of progress and should be treated with respect. Belts do not belong on the floor.
– Once class has started don’t leave the floor without permission from an instructor.
– Keep your uniform and sparring gear clean.
– Practice good hygiene.
– Keep your fingernails and toenails short. If you have long hair please tie it back.
– If you are sick, please do not train. Stay at home, hydrate and recover.
– Please remove all jewelry before training.
– Children must be supervised when not doing class.
– No gum, food or drink allowed on the mats.
– No smoking allowed inside the studio or when in uniform at any time.
– Do not turn up to training under the influence of alcohol.
– No swearing is to be used at any time.
– Do not fight with aggression.
– Only use martial arts when your life is being threatened, there is no tolerance for using martial arts for the wrong reasons.
AND ALWAYS HAVE FUN WHILE TRAINING.
Karate One is committed to provide a safe and healthy sports environment.
We recognise that alcohol or drug misuse will impair an individual’s ability to perform in a safe manner.
It is the policy of Karate One to protect its members, assets, the community and the environment in which it operates from hazards arising from alcohol or drug misuse.
Consequently, we require the performance of anyone within the Karate One organisation whether a member, competitor, family, friend etc. and others to be unimpaired by drug or alcohol misuse whilst associated with any type of activities to do with Karate One. The legal or unauthorized possession, consumption, sale or being under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs during any type of activity for Karate One is prohibited.
We view drug or alcohol dependency as a medical condition and encourage any member, non-member or anyone associated with Karate One with a problem to seek confidential support and treatment.
Any person/s associated with Karate One found to be in breach of this policy shall be subject to removal from any events associated with Karate One.
The above policy is subject to anyone wishing to be in any part of business associated with Karate One.
Karate One abides to the MAIA Anti doping policy.
Karate One Reserves the right to review their policy and change in accordance to meet with Government Regulation.
Date of issue: 01-06-2015
- This policy recognizes that the health and safety of all Karate One members or employees is the responsibility of all in maintaining a Health and safety environment within the organisation.
- Karate One acknowledges its legal, moral and social responsibility to provide a healthy and safe workplace/ training, and to secure the health and safety of its employees, members and visitors.
- All members involved with Karate One must provide and maintain a safe training and equipment within the organisation.
- It is the responsibility of all within Karate One to recognise the hazards occurring within the organisation, Karate One will take every practical step to provide and maintain a safe and health environment for its members.
- Health and safety policy must observe, implement and fulfil its responsibilities under the acts and regulations that apply to Karate One.
- Students within the Karate One organisation have a duty to take the care of which they are capable for their own health and safety and others affected by their actions at training. Shall comply with the safety procedures and directions agreed within the Studio rules. Must not interfere with or misuse items or facilities provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare for all within the organisation.
- Karate One reserves the right to carry its own Risk Assessment with its members to achieve a health and safe environment within the organisation.
- Karate One abides by the MAIA/Work cover Risk Management Policies.
Karate One reserves the right to review their policy and change in accordance to meet Government Regulation.
Date of issue: 01-06-2015